It’s Mid September and Christmas is around the corner. What gift are you going to give your friends, family and clients? Here are ten ideas to help you.
- For a family – give a popcorn bowl full of goodies such as popcorn, popcorn salt, chocolate bars, gum, extra large suckers and some fun old fashioned soda like glass coke bottles. If you know they like movies throw in a movie gift card.
- Gift for the lady in the family – gloves either fingerless for the hip gal or soft plaid gloves for the conservative fan.
- Gift for the foodie- a gift box full of spices and salts.
- Gift for the creative- a drawing pad, colored pencils, a coloring book for adults, and a journal for idea writing.
- Gift for clients – tea, coffee, a tea dish, mug mat and a nice tea spoon.
- Gift for the hikers – a mini day pack a hiking journal, a lip balm, and an energy bar.
- Clients who love sweets – cookies, a variety of chocolate, large suckers, and caramels.
- The fashion lover- a nice pair of unique earring or a cool purse.
- The Wine Lover- a bottle of wine in a nice wine bag or a wine purse for the ladies.
- For The Sports fan- An apron for tailgating, a nice team logo’d mug, and team t-shirt or jacket Like https://www.facebook.com/thefriendlyboxcompany/ for client gift ideas and https://www.facebook.com/annsbohemiancloset/ for fashion gift ideas
Mother’s Day is on Sunday May 14th. Do you have your Mother’s Day gift planned? If not here are 10 ideas to help you out.
- Spa products- lotions, bath bombs, lip balm, nail polish
- Chocolate – hot chocolate, chocolate bars, chocolate raisins, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate covered nuts
- Pajamas, slippers, night time tea, robe, foot balm
- Perfume, travel perfume, bath bombs, foot balm, body sprays, body lotion (My favorite is the Body Shop brand, they have wonderful scents. I buy mine at Ulta and found some purse size lotion at TJ Maxx.
- Coffee mug, variety of coffee, tea, honey, honey sticks, jam, spreader
- Hiking bag, sun screen, lip balm, protein bars (www.thefriendlyboxcompany carries a great mini day pack for hiking)
- Wine, a rented movie, cheese and crackers, a cutting board
- Certificates to favorite stores for shopping
- Coupons for chores around the house great for the kids to give to mom, clean the bathroom, wash dishes, laundry, quite time with no interruptions, breakfast in bed, dinner prepared, dusting…..
- Book on the month club, Wine of the month club, Makeup of the month, Food of the month club, there are many monthly clubs to choose from.
I don’t know about you but I like things that are usable and have multi-purpose. This is such a cool product we found. It is wine bag but can be used as a purse or lunch box. It would make a great gift. You can either add a bottle of wine in the bag or put snacks in it as if it were a lunch box. So far, I have been using mine as a purse and have sold several of them by carrying them around. It also comes with a wine bottle opener. There is a wide range of colors and patterns to pick from so you can gift one that fits someones personality. We are selling our bags for only $20 plus tax. How cool is that!!!!
Are you looking for different ways to package gift. Here are 10 unique ideas
- Pasta Colander- Add pasta, pasta sauce, wooden spoon, olive oil, seasonings, kitchen towel
- Picnic Basket – napkins, plastic silverware, recycled wine glasses, wine, chocolate, set of plastic dishes
- Wine Bucket – Wine, wine charms, chocolate, napkins, wine/pourer/stoper
- Mason Jar- Back to school emergency kits, lip balm, mints, gum, bandaids, aspirin, sun screen
- Bucket- new home, cleaning supplies, dish soap, kitchen towel, sponge, dusting supplies
- Oven Mitt- fill with baking utensils
- Slipper- inside slippers add nail polish, bubble bath, lotion, bath tea, hot tea bags
- Large Wooden Salad bowl – salad utensils, wooden spoons, vinegar and oils, fresh bread, bread knife
- Gifts in a large jar- teas, honey sticks, small cookies
- Cutting Board- cheese and sausage, cheese knife, spreader, jams
Need help with gifting ideas check out our portfolio page on our website www.thefriendlyboxcompany.com
When you get a gift card do you feel emotion? I am sure you appreciate the thought but it’s not as meaningful as a gift that shows personal touch and time. When I give a gift I think about the person’s interest. I don’t give a gift because I like it but because I know the receiver likes it. Think about the person you are gifting. Does that person you know drink coffee or tea, buy them a mug with a quote that fits the receiver along with coffee or tea? Do they have a favorite color? Buy a nice scarf in that color or even a pair of socks and write a note saying how much you know it’s their favorite color. Does that person like to read and write. Buy a beautiful journal or a pen that is special. They will always think of you when they write. What about a foodie, buy that person some spices and sauces. Package it up nicely, put a nice ribbon around it and write a thoughtful note saying how much you appreciate them as a friend or colleague. Our company has gotten feedback that the gifts created and given brought tears to their clients eyes. Giving is often better than receiving.